Thursday, March 12, 2009

Relationship between Chinese Language and the Bible

Questions started playing in my mind as I sat down quietly in a cafe enjoying my free times. I do think a lot and sometimes its seems to be stupid. As I browsed through an email and found a link, I was shocked to found someone out there had a query and an answer for my silly thoughts.

Have a look here; http://students.washington.edu/cbsf/cool/Chinese.swf

For your information, I'm a Buddhist who believed in only ONE GOD. However, because of accompanying my partner, I had got myself going to church and reading bible. Couldn't be denied that all the stories in the bible do make senses to me, but I did had some thoughts (which I assumed as silly). I wondered whether we are all praying and believing in the same God. I wondered whether we are all getting confuses because of the different languages and cultures.

"So the Lord scattered them from all over the earth. That it is why it was called Babel - because there the Lord confused the language of the whole world. From there the Lord scattered them over the face of the whole earth." (From Genesis 11:1.9)

What do you think after looking into the link?

Hmmm... no offences here... maybe is just a coincidence.. maybe is true... I'm not from Chinese education but I had an interest to learn Chinese words as it seems to be quite appealing to me.. Whatever it is, I still believed in God and respect all religions...

No comments:

Post a Comment