Bikram Yoga is named after its founder - Bikram Choudhury, who studied Yoga with Bishnu Ghosh, brother of Paramahansa Yogananda. It is a series of 26 poses performed in a room with temperature of 105 degrees Fahrenheit. Each Yoga Pose is usually performed twice and held for a certain period of time. Yoga Sessions start from Standing Postures, then the Backbends, Forward Bends, and Twists. The poses are accompanied by Kapalabhati Breath or the "blowing in firm".
■Heat is used in Bikram and Hot Yoga in order to allow you to go deeper and safer into a Yoga Pose.
■Your body becomes more flexible in the heat and since most poses used in Bikram are physically challenging, heat allows you to get into a pose that you never imagined you can do.
■It also eliminates the risk of injuries, promotes sweating, and helps you release the toxins in your body.
■The Bikram Yoga Poses not only work on your muscles but also on your internal organs.
■Each pose stretches and strengthens your muscles, joints, and ligaments and, at the same time release the toxins and work on your internal organs like the glands and the nervous system.
What are the Benefits of Bikram Yoga?
■Bikram Yoga is designed to "scientifically" warm and stretch muscles, ligaments, and tendons in the order in which they should be stretched.
■It can also reduce stress and increase blood circulation according to Yoga Books.
■The practice of Bikram Yoga can also help you lose weight and develop muscles.
■Anyone can practice Bikram Yoga even people with chronic diseases such as arthritis, diabetes, and thyroid disorders may benefit in doing the Yoga Poses by reducing symptoms, and also one of the best ways to prevent any ailments by keeping the body healthy. http://www.abc-of-yoga.com/styles-of-yoga/bikram-yoga.asp
BENEFITS OF BIKRAM YOGA:
- Reshapes your body
- Restores flexibility
- Tones, strengthens, and lengthens your muscles
- Strengthens your spine
- Improves circulation
- Reduces risk of sports injury
- Achieves relief from pain
- Reduces your weight – lose pounds by balancing your metabolism
- Raises energy level
- Diminishes the effects of stress
- Increases balance, coordination, focus and discipline
- Clears your mind
- Calms your soul
- Ensures healthy and balanced functioning of the skeletal, muscular, circulatory, nervous, digestive, elimination, respiratory, endocrine, and mental systems of the body
BENEFITS OF THE HEAT:
- Warms the muscles for greater flexibility
- Helps achieve a deeper stretch
- Flushes toxins from the body
- Improves efficiency of the immune system
- Creates a cardiovascular workout
- Burns calories
- Builds endurance
Log on tohttp://www.healthyoga.com/
for more information and tips about yoga
For your information, Bikram Hot Yoga only available at TRUE FITNESS
KUALA LUMPUR , Malaysia
Pavilion KL Centre
Lot C3.07 Level 3,4 & 5 Pavilion KL
168 Jalan Bukit Bintang
55100 Kuala Lumpur
Phone: 603 9206 7777