Egg whites 6
Egg yolks 6
Lemon juice 1tbsp
Self raising flour 60g
Corn flour 20g
- Stir ingredients A in a heat-proof bowl and set it over boiling water until smooth and well combined.
- Whisk the egg whites, sugar and tartar powder until stiff.
- Beat the egg yolks and fold in sifted self raising flour, corn flour and lemon juice.
- Add in Ingredients A to Ingredients C and cream until well combined.
- Fold the beaten egg whites to the mixture. Pour the batter into a 9 inches cakes pan.
- Set a tray of boiling water below the oven. Heat up the oven to 180 Celcius and bake the cake until a wooden skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.